Emerald Engagement Rings
- Gemvara is the premier source for engagement-quality emerald rings, with more styles than you'll see anywhere else.
- Every design is customizable to suit your style and budget.
- Rare and beautiful, every natural emerald contains a fingerprint of the earth where it was born: no two are alike.
- The gem of new beginnings and Venus, the goddess of love, emerald is the perfect symbol to mark the start of your life together.
Emerald Engagement Rings
About Emerald Engagement Rings
Engagement rings have been the ultimate symbol of love for thousands of years. In ancient Egypt, they wore rings on the third finger of the left hand to mark where the "vein of love" went directly to the heart, starting a tradition that continues today. When pledging your love with a unique engagement ring, you are starting your own family tradition. The most important value factor to consider when shopping for emerald engagement rings is the quality of the center stone. Gemvara hand-selects top quality conflict-free gems that are expertly cut for maximum beauty. Emerald shimmers with the rich, verdant color of spring. Our unrivalled selection of engagement rings by Tony Rodrigues, Stephanie Satow, Gemvara Essentials, and other talented jewelry designers means you can find an engagement ring that perfectly symbolizes your relationship. Clean emerald engagement rings with mild dish soap: use a soft brush where dust collects. When taking off your engagement ring, don't pull on the gemstone: this won't damage the gem but it can, over time, stretch the metal that holds it in place, making the setting less secure. Be careful when removing your ring to wash your hands. Don't leave it on the rim of a sink where it can slip down the drain! Gemvara's fine quality emerald engagement rings are designed to be passed down for generations to come, crafted by hand in the United States.
Known as the gem of Venus, the emerald is a symbol of love, rebirth, and even an aid to fertility. Popular among style icons Jacqueline Kennedy, Elizabeth Taylor, and the Duchess of Windsor, emeralds are as fashionable as they are glamorous. When purchasing an emerald, the most important element to consider is color. Fine emeralds have a vibrant, grass-green color. Among the rarest of gems, they are almost always found with birthmarks, known as inclusions and often called "jardin." Some imperfections are expected, but do not detract from the value of the stone (unlike most other gemstones). In fact, an emerald without flaws would not look natural to a connoisseur. The fissures that are characteristic of the emerald are traditionally filled with oil or resin as to not diminish the gem's brilliance. Gemvara sells only natural, vivid green emeralds in exceptional quality from Colombia. Emerald is May's birthstone and the 20th and 35th anniversary gem. All Gemvara jewelry is made to order, which ensures that a premium-quality emerald will be hand-selected to perfectly suit your design. Crafted in the United States, Gemvara's fine emerald jewelry is precious and personal, surely to be passed down for generations to come.
Shop With Confidence
We can help right away. Chat with a jewelry expert now!
Find the Perfect Ring for Your One-of-a-Kind Love
Select your favorite stone shape, setting, style or precious metal.
Browse by Style
Emerald Buyer's Guide
- Because the rich green color of emerald is the color of spring, it has long symbolized love and new beginnings. Because emerald is the gem of Venus, emerald engagement rings are a very romantic choice.
- Emeralds are the mark of a style icon: the Duchess of Windsor and Jackie Kennedy both wore emerald engagement rings.
- When buying an emerald, the most important value factor is color.
- Emeralds, among the rarest of gems, are almost always found with birthmarks or inclusions, often called the "jardin." Some imperfections are expected and do not detract from the value of the stone as much as with other gemstones. These fissures that are characteristic of emerald are traditionally filled with oil or resin to make them less visible to the eye.
- Gemvara sells only natural vivid-green emerald from Colombia in an exceptional engagement-ring quality.
- Emerald is the birthstone for May and the gem of the 20th and 35th anniversary.
- Although emerald is a very hard gem, emerald rings shouldn't be worn when working with your hands or exercising vigorously. Never clean an emerald ring in an ultrasonic or steam cleaner. Clean emerald by soaking in warm water: use a soft brush behind the stone where dust can collect.
- Learn more about emerald in our Gem Library. Read about emerald birthstones on our blog.
Customize These Designs
Gemvara jewelry is designed to be made your own. Choose any piece and customize the gems and metals to suit your style. When you have it just the way you want it, we'll make the piece to order just for you. Make It Personal »