Blue Sapphire Engagement Rings
- Gemvara is the premier source for engagement-quality sapphire rings, with more styles than you'll see anywhere else.
- Every design is customizable to suit your style and budget.
- A symbol of faithfulness and the soul, sapphire is the perfect promise to be true, the ultimate "something blue" for your walk down the aisle.
- Long a tradition among royals like Princess Diana, today sapphire is for couples who stand out from the crowd.
Blue Sapphire Engagement Rings
About Blue Sapphire Engagement Rings
Engagement rings have been the ultimate symbol of love for thousands of years. In ancient Egypt, they wore rings on the third finger of the left hand to mark where the "vein of love" went directly to the heart, starting a tradition that continues today. When pledging your love with a unique engagement ring, you are starting your own family tradition. The most important value factor to consider when shopping for blue sapphire engagement rings is the quality of the center stone. Gemvara hand-selects top quality conflict-free gems that are expertly cut for maximum beauty. Sapphire captures the beauty of the ocean. Our unrivalled selection of engagement rings by Jeet Palavwala, Gemvara Essentials, Paul Bierker, and other talented jewelry designers means you can find an engagement ring that perfectly symbolizes your relationship. Clean blue sapphire engagement rings with mild dish soap: use a soft brush where dust collects. When taking off your engagement ring, don't pull on the gemstone: this won't damage the gem but it can, over time, stretch the metal that holds it in place, making the setting less secure. Be careful when removing your ring to wash your hands. Don't leave it on the rim of a sink where it can slip down the drain! Gemvara's fine quality blue sapphire engagement rings are designed to be passed down for generations to come, crafted by hand in the United States.
Blue Sapphire Quality
Blue sapphire is considered the gemstone of truth, the original "true blue." In ancient times, a gift of a sapphire was a pledge of honesty and devotion. Kate Middleton's blue sapphire engagement ring is the latest in a long tradition of royal sapphires. Sapphire comes from the Greek word "sappheiros," meaning blue, so it's no surprise that blue is the most popular color for a sapphire. When shopping for blue sapphire jewelry, the most important factors to consider are quality, color and cut of the sapphire. The more vibrant and bright the hue, the more valuable the blue sapphire will be. Also, the larger the carat weight, the more the blue sapphire will cost per carat. Before their final polish, most blue sapphires are heat-enhanced to almost 2,000 degrees in order to improve the color and clarity. This stable treatment does not require special care and does not reduce the gem's value. Sapphire is the September birthstone, the 5th and 45th wedding anniversary gem, and the zodiac gem for Virgo. All Gemvara jewelry is made to order, which ensures that a premium-quality blue sapphire will be hand-selected to perfectly suit your design. Crafted in the United States, Gemvara's fine blue sapphire jewelry is precious and personal, surely to be passed down for generations to come.
Shop With Confidence
We want you to love your Gemvara jewelry, so we offer a 101-day no-questions-asked return policy. If you aren't satisfied with your unique Gemvara jewelry creation for any reason, you can send it back in its original unworn condition for a full refund. Each returned piece must have its original tag attached, so leave the tag on until you are sure you love it. If you love it but it doesn't fit, no problem: we offer one free resizing as well.
We stand behind our exceptional American-made quality with a one-year warranty on the craftsmanship of our jewelry. Because the earth is precious too, we make our jewelry from conflict-free gems and recycled precious metals.
We're so convinced that you will love the Gemvara experience, we make it even easier by offering free shipping too. (We're all about making more happy customers. Also have we told you how nice you look today?)
If you have any questions at all about our unique jewelry customization process, our products, or an order you've placed, give us a call at 1-800-436-8803, click to chat, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll see for yourself why our customers rave about our personal service.
We can help right away. Chat with a jewelry expert now!
Find the Perfect Ring for Your One-of-a-Kind Love
Select your favorite stone shape, setting, style or precious metal.
Browse by Style
Blue Sapphire Buyer's Guide
- Long a tradition of European royalty, sapphire engagement rings have been surging in popularity thanks to Kate Middleton's sapphire engagement ring from Prince William. The 18-carat oval sapphire ring was originally Princess Diana's ring.
- Sapphire is the gem of truth, symbolizing fidelity and the soul. This tradition makes sapphire rings the perfect symbol of a promise to wed.
- The most important value factor for sapphire rings is the color of the sapphire, which should be a saturated medium blue, known as "cornflower." Baby blue and dark navy are more affordable.
- Gemvara's sapphire is a royal blue natural sapphire from Sri Lanka with cutting so exceptional that it dances with brilliance.
- Almost all sapphires, including the ones Gemvara sells, are heated to almost 2,000 degrees to see if the color and clarity will improve. You should assume every sapphire has been heated without a report from a respected lab like GIA or AGL that says otherwise.
- Some sapphire on the market is diffusion-treated: chemicals are introduced into the top layer of the gem to create a rind of more intense color. These stones are less rare and so less valuable. Gemvara does not sell diffusion-treated sapphires.
- Sapphire is the September birthstone, the gem of the fifth and 45th wedding anniversary, and the zodiac gem for Virgo.
- Like ruby, its gem sibling, sapphire is the mineral corundum, a crystalline form of aluminum oxide that is so tough and durable it's used for windows on spacecraft and supermarket scanners.
- Sapphire rings are durable and suitable for everyday wear. Clean with mild dish soap: use a soft brush behind the stone where dust can collect.
- Learn more about sapphire in our Gem Library. Read about Kate Middleton's ring, royal sapphire engagement rings, and sapphire birthstones on our blog.
Customize These Designs
Gemvara jewelry is designed to be made your own. Choose any piece and customize the gems and metals to suit your style. When you have it just the way you want it, we'll make the piece to order just for you. Make It Personal »